Like most things, making positive and healthy changes in your life are easier said than done. This is especially true in the beginning. In case you're struggling, here are a few tips for maintaining healthy habits:
1. Slow and steady... Start small and make gradual changes. Trying to make too many changes at once can be overwhelming... so it's important to take it one step at a time.
2. Make a plan and set specific, achievable goals. For example, instead of resolving to "eat healthier," make a plan to eat at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Do the same when it comes to exercise... Set a specific achievable goal.
3. Keep track of your progress. Writing down what you eat and how much physical activity you get each day can help you stay on track and see your progress.
4. Cultivate a support system. Surround yourself with friends and family who can encourage and motivate you to stick with your healthy habits.
5. Be consistent. It takes time to form new habits, so it's important to be consistent and make healthy choices MOST of the time. Forget perfection... aim for CONSISTENCY.
6. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's okay to slip up and make unhealthy choices sometimes. Forgive yourself and get back on track as soon as you can.
7. Find activities you enjoy. It's easier to stick with healthy habits if they're enjoyable. So find physical activities and healthy foods that you enjoy, and make them a regular part of your routine.
Cheers to new standards, healthy habits, and cultivating a social environment conducive to our growth and happiness!!